3D HD Laser Scanning
Over the past several years, 3D laser scanning has passed the tipping point for price and functionality. Hardware, software and services have matured and become economical enough to make it a viable option for just about any project.
HALE TiP utilizes FARO scanning equipment paired with Autodesk ReCap, Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD software to provide many different levels of deliverables. We scan facilities and infrastructure to capture highly accurate measurements and imagery that can be leveraged throughout a project's lifecycle by all participants. The unique marriage of point cloud scanning with real-world design experience means we can create a point cloud as simple or complex to meet our client's needs. If you are unfamiliar with how a laser scanner works click here.
Unlike other scanning services, our background gives us the power to scan a site and then turn out basic and complex 3D models that are ready for design, review or facility management. All 3D modeling is completed in house by our own expert team.
Once the data is collected, it becomes a very large dataset that is not easy to transfer. We streamline the delivery by hosting the information on a website, which provides the entire project team with easy and intuitive access to the information from anywhere, reducing the need for site visits and facilitating more collaboration. See the FARO Webshare sample website for an example of the results.
As-Built Documentation for Buildings, Infrastructure and Utilities
- Historical Preservation
- Clash Detection
- 3D Visualization
- Panoramic Photo Documentation
- Mechanical Rooms
- Refineries and chemical process facilities
- Electrical sub-stations
- Manufacturing and Industrial facilities
Water and Waste-water treatment facilities
Forensics - Accurate Crime & Accident Scene Documentation
- As fast or faster than traditional methods
- Accurate to within 2mm – 5mm
Comprehensive imaging and measurements eliminate costly return trips to the job site
Scanned data can be viewed and measured
- Will reduce or eliminate the need to model/draft existing conditions
- Can be geo-referenced to existing site for dimensional survey control
- Creates permanent digital records
- Lowers project costs by elimination of re-design work orders due to poor quality as-built record documents
- 3D Laser Scanning produces amazingly accurate and finely detailed plans of a facility
- Minimize risk to personnel by keeping them off elevated platforms and at a safe distance from operating equipment
- Eliminate or significantly reduce need for shutdown to gather measurements